“Snap, Crackle, Pop…” Some people think of “…Kellogs Rice Krispies” while others can already taste the melt-in-your-mouth blend of the classic cereal and delectable melted marshmallows.
Let’s cut to the chase. Below you’ll find the tried-and-true Rice Krispies recipe, straight from the Kellogs cereal box itself.
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows (or about 1 jar of marshmallow Fluff)
6 cups Rice Krispies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
For simple and scrumptious variations, try adding melted chocolate or peanut butter to the melted marshmallows.
For fun and colorful treats, try adding a few drop of food coloring and/or sprinkles on top!
For a more mature and elegant look, try icing the top or decorating with a white/brown chocolate drizzle.
The best thing about Rice Krispies, besides for how quick and simple they are to make, is that they are so versatile. They can be formed into really any shape. And once the consistency is right, they are easy for any age to work with.
The pictures (ABOVE) and explanations below will give you an idea of what we mean.
1. Rice Krispies Lollies. Just make any shape you like (pictured are rectangles) and put a stick into one end. Dip the “lollies” into different color glaze.
2. Rice Krispies Cake-Pops. Roll the Rice Krispies treat into balls. Drizzle, dip, or dot with any topping. Put in a stick, or serve on a dish.
3. Rice Krispies Football Cake. Make rice Krispies as directed (above). Make another ¼ to ½ batter for the football. Add green dye to the main batch, and chocolate to the smaller one. Press the green batter into the pan. Form an oval, football, shape in the middle of the pan. Add white icing or glaze for the stitching as desired.
4. Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cones. Form balls (similar to the cake-pops) and place in an ice cream cone. Add chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and a cherry for authentic ice cream look. Or, as picture, pre-decorate the edges of the top of the cone with chocolate sauce and sprinkles
Love From Our Kitchen To Yours